Sunday, November 10, 2013
I came to make a blog post today but had to clean the cobwebs & dust off the blog first. It has been a while since I have posted! Goodness!
I tried this new coffee cake recipe today, so I thought I would share. I hope you like it.
Almond Coffee Cake
1 stick butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups Gluten Free flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. xanatham gum
2/3 cup orange juice
1. In a bowl, beat together butter and sugar until well blended. Add egg, beat well after each egg. Add vanilla and almond extract .
2. In a separate bowl, Mix together Flour, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum.
3. Add flour to egg mixture a little at a time alternating with orange juice.
4. Prepare Streusel topping now.
Streusel Topping1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sliced almonds
¼ cup gf flour
3 TBL. Butter melted
1. Mix brown sugar, almonds and Flour with a fork. Add butter
2. Spoon half of batter into prepared tube pan.
3. Sprinkle streusel topping generously over batter.
4. Spoon remaining batter over topping. Do not stir. This will give a nice layered effect.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the topping on top.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 45-50 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack. Cool completely.
7. Turn Cake onto cake plate when completely cool.
8. Make Glaze and drizzle over cake.
½ cup confectioners sugar
1tbsp. orange juice
Mix with wire whisk.