Darn you Facebook friends who share yummy looking recipes!! This drool worthy recipe for Texas sheet cake cookies came across my news feed. It was a gluten filled recipe that I knew needed to be gluten free ASAP! So I came home from work and did just that.....
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar together until light, scraping sides frequently.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Mix in baking powder and salt.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in gf flour. Dough will be thick.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Mix melted chocolate directly into cookie dough until evenly mixed.
- Chill dough in refrigerator 12-15 min. or until firm
- Drop dough by a measured tablespoon sized mounds onto baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes until cookies just appear set. They will still be very soft on the inside. DO NOT overbake!!
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder and milk over medium heat, whisking until melted together. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.
- Pour icing over cookies and allow icing to set before serving.