This cake is hands down one of the best cakes I have eaten in a LONG time. It screams SPRING! I think it is a new favorite for me.
Strawberry Upside Down Cake, gluten free of course
- 3 c. fresh strawberries crushed (divided)
- 2 3 oz strawberry Jell-O (divided)
- 3 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1 gluten free yellow cake mix + ingredients to prepare cake mix
- Cool Whip
- Take your two cups of strawberries and crush them with a fork. Pour into a 9x13 in cake pan, sprayed well with cooking spray . Sprinkle 1 1/2 boxes strawberry Jell-O over the top of the strawberries. Then sprinkle the marshmallows over the Jell-O
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add 1 c. crushed strawberries and 1/2 package of Jell-O mix to cake mixture. Pour over the marshmallows
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Let sit for about 15 minutes and then run a knife around the outside of the cake. Flip onto a serving tray. Refrigerate.
- Serve with Cool Whip (if desired)