Sunday, October 23, 2011

Carrot Cake.....moist, tasty, and gluten free (of course)


So I realize that I promised to be back with my carrot cake recipe last night....however soon after posting that I realized that this post wouldn't be so great without a picture of the yummy cake. So I had to wait until the birthday party today to get a picture of the inside of the cake. I didn't think it would be too polite to cut a hunk out of the cake "for photography's sake". Nobody would have believed that excuse.

Ok Ok ok....on with the recipe.................................

Carrot Cake
4  eggs
1 cup melted margarine
2 cups sugar
2 cups gluten free flour mix ( I use Annalise Robert's flour mix) 
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
dash salt (optional)
1 16oz can drained cooked carrots (mashed in food processor)
1 1 1/2 oz box Raisins
1 8oz. can Crushed Pineapple (drained)
1/4-1/2 Cup Coconut
1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat eggs until peaks form. Thoroughly mix in margarine. Sift dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture. Mix well. Mix in carrots until blended. Mix in pineapple, raisins and coconut. Bake in greased 9" x 13" x 4" pan for about 30 minutes or until firm when touched on top.
Frost with cream cheese frosting (I use Betty Crocker Cream Cheese, always read labels for most current information)

This recipe was adapted from a recipe that came from the back of an Ener-G Potato Starch box


Enjoy!!!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment