Sunday, June 24, 2012

Teriyaki Turkey Islander Meatloaf


     I sometimes get stuck in a rut where nothing sounds good to eat. I look at recipes and even those don't sound very yummy. However, while flipping through a magazine the other day I ran across a recipe for Teriyaki Pineapple Turkey Burgers and they sounded amazing! However, the current temperature is 100 deg. and the heat index is 102. Thus standing out at a hot grill cooking did NOT sound fun at all. So I decided to make an attempt at turning those burgers into meatloaf instead.
     While sitting in the cool air conditioning I went to work on my new recipe. I wasn't a fan of the spices they used in their recipe, and their recipe called for panko which is not gluten free. I hope you like what I came up with.........I know I sure did. YUM!
     On a side note, be VERY careful when purchasing your Teriyaki sauce for this recipe. MANY contain wheat. Read those labels carefully before buying to be sure that it is gluten free.

Teriyaki Turkey Islander Meatloaf

1 lb ground turkey
1/3 C. Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/3 C. Minute Rice
1/3 C. Crushed Tortilla Chips
1 Can Pineapple Slices in 100% Juice (8oz can)

Drain pineapple and reserve the juice. In a bowl combine the ground turkey, pinepple juice, teriyaki sauce, spices, rice, and crushed chips. Mix well and place the mixture into a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Top with the pineapple slices and drizzle with a small amount of teriyaki sauce (if desired). Bake at 350 deg. for 45-60 minutes.



Enjoy!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment