Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Zu Za (Mini Zucchini Pizzas)


     Ok, so this is another idea inspired by Pinterest. I couldn't decide which way it was going to go....would I LOVE this recipe or would it bomb. Well the results are in and I LOVE it! It isn't exactly like pizza, but it is more like a yummy veggie version. You don't have to feel as guilty for eating these versus regular pizzas.
     I'm not really going to type out a recipe for you, but I will show you some pictures and tell you how I made my Zu Za's (get it zu from zucchini and za from pizza, I can SEE you rolling your eyes so stop it )
On a foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. lay down the slices of zucchini.
Top each slice with pizza sauce.
Top with your favorite topping. I used pepperoni and banana pepper fresh out of my garden.

Then top with cheese.
Set your oven to BROIL and broil the ZA's for 10-12 min. or until the top is browned.





I hope you enjoy this slightly healthier alternative to pizza. I did!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment