Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lemon Bars....Oh My Goodness!!

 
    This recipe is one that my Mom always made when I was growing up. These are a favorite of mine. Well really anything lemon that she makes is a favorite of mine! ha This recipe was easily converted to gluten free when I was diagnosed. I just switched out the flour in the crust to gf, and switched the flour in the filling to cornstarch to thicken the filling. YUMMMMM!! I had to share one of my favorites with you today! Enjoy!


Lemon Bars - Gluten Free Style

Crust:
1 C. Softened Margarine
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
2 C. Gluten Free Flour
1/2 tsp. Xantham Gum

Filling:
4 Eggs, beaten
6 T. Lemon Juice
3 T. Corn Starch
2 C. Sugar

Combine the ingredients for the crust. Press into a 9x13 in. pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 deg. for 15-20 minutes.

Combine the ingredients for the filling mixture and pour over the warm crust. Return to the oven and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while warm.

I hope that you like them as much as I do! -Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment