Saturday, November 10, 2012

Taco Soup

 
    Recently at work taco soup was mentioned. I have only been able to think about taco soup since that conversation. I had never made it before and I can't say that I have ever HAD regular old taco soup. I have made tortilla soup, and Trashy Taco Soup (which is like regular taco soup but with ranch). SO needless to say I had to make regular taco soup because I couldn't get it out of my head!
     The temperatures are supposed to drop here this week so this will be perfect for leftovers!! It is definitely a leftover I won't mind eating again and again. YUM!

Taco Soup

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 package taco seasoning
1 can tomato sauce (8oz)
1 large can of Rotel tomatoes
1 can of green chillies (4oz), use 1/2 for less spice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can whole kernel corn with the liquid
2 C. water (add more or less depending on your preferences)

Brown the ground beef and onions; drain any excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, green chilles, taco seasoning, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours OR simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few tortilla chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. EXTRAS: Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.

So simple to make....just brown some meat and open some cans.
Brown the hamburger and onion....
Add the seasoning......
Black beans, red kidney beans, and pinto beans
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on the stove or transfer to the crock pot.
Crunch tortilla chips in the bottom of your bowl and then ladle in the soup...top with cheese

 
 
This soup was so good! I was wishing that I had a bigger belly to hold more. I loved it! I hope you do too!
 
-Jessica
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment