Friday, February 1, 2013

Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup


Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 Tbsp butter
1/4c onion, chopped
1 32 oz Box chicken broth
1 pound broccoli florets
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 C Milk
2 T. Corn Starch (thickener)
8oz. Velveeta cheese

In 3 qt sauce pan, saute onion in butter over low heat until softened but
not brown, about 3 minutes.
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, pepper, garlic powder and
reduce heat to low and cook covered til soft, about 15 minutes.
Add milk and Velveeta and heat through; do not boil. Slowly sprinkle in corn starch (or mix with a small amount of water and pour in to lessen your chance of getting lumps and bumps in your soup)
and stir until thick. Serve hot!


I know, I know.....I haven't posted in FOREVER. Well it turns out that you are only allowed so many pictures on your blog. I had reached my limit, so I had to go back and remove some pics before I could post anything. UGH!! So I guess I will cut my pictures per post to one or none.....sadness!! So here is a little soup recipe to warm you up in this chilly weather!! Enjoy.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment