Friday, February 3, 2012

Pigs in a Poncho


    I searched and searched for an image of a pig in a poncho to put on the blog but I had no luck. I thought it would be pretty funny.......but I guess nobody else has attempted to dress a pig in a poncho. I thought I could find EVERYTHING on the Internet. I guess you guys will just have to settle for no images of funny pigs in ponchos.
     This recipe is like pigs in a blanket meets their friend the taquito. I suppose that calling it a recipe is kind of a stretch.....because it really isn't hard to make at all. This would be a great recipe for the kids to make for dinner. I'm just a big kid at heart and I liked it.

Pigs in a Poncho

1 package gluten free hot dogs
white corn tortillas (warmed)
sliced cheese
toothpicks

Pre-heat the oven to 400 deg. Place the corn tortillas on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 25-30 seconds. Microwaving the tortillas makes them easier to work with. They will bend without breaking as easily if they are warm.

Take one corn tortilla, place 1/2 of a slice of cheese on the tortilla, place the hot dog on the cheese and roll the tortilla. Secure the end with a toothpick. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the package of hot dogs. Once you have all of your pigs in their ponchos place them into a 400 deg. oven for approximately 15 min. or until the ponchos have turned a golden brown.

Serve with your favorite dippers: Ketchup, mustard, salsa etc.

Crunchy poncho with melty cheese....mmmmm
Even the ketchup and mustard are happy to be near these pigs in ponchos

I hope you enjoy this fun easy treat.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment