Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super Bowl Shuffle


     The video above is the cheesy 1985 Chicago Bears Super Bowl Shuffle. I thought that since my blog post title was of the same name I should torture you all with the video as well. It gave me a good laugh.
     So we all know that the Super Bowl is a football game (or at least hopefully we all know that). This year it is the New York Giants vs. the New England Patriots. I don't have an attachment to either team, so I will be watching for the commercials and the yummy food that goes along with the Super Bowl. One of my favorite movies of all time is Ferris Bueller's day off, so I'm super excited about the commercial with Matthew Broderick. They released a five minute version of the commercial this week, so it will be interesting to see how they cut it down for the Super Bowl.
Save Ferris!
     The Super Bowl is always full of game food. I'm sure that each family has their own traditions and recipes that are their "go to" game day foods. My family doesn't have a set game day regimen. However, I believe that it has a theme......cheese. I would say that if we look back over the years our Super Bowl menu is full of cheese. ha
     I thought I would go back through the recipes that I have shared with you thus far and highlight some that would make great game day fare for your team.



Corn Dog Muffins
Oven Baked Frito Chili Pie

Cheese Sticks

Crab Rangoon Dip

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Pizza Monkey Bread
Leftover Loaded Potatoes
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars

Enjoy the junk food that I have picked out for you and have a great time rooting on your favorite team this weekend. Gooooooo Ferris Bueller!! Oh wait, that's just a commercial.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment