Monday, January 30, 2012

Crock-Pot Minestrone Soup- gluten free of course


     I'm always on the look out for easy peasy recipes. I like things that taste amazing with little effort and clean up. Call me a dreamer I guess! Crock-pot recipes seem to really fit that bill. I ran across a recipe for Minestrone soup in the most recent issue of All You Magazine. It inspired me to turn it gluten free. I also bumped up the veggies and beans. I like soup that isn't too "soupy" and has an abundance of veggies. I think the end result fits my requirements.

Crock-Pot Minestrone Soup- gluten free

2 T. Margarine
4 ribs of celery, sliced
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1tsp. Italian Seasoning
10-15 baby carrots, diced
4 C. Chicken Stock (1 32oz. Carton)
1 28 oz. can Crushed Tomatoes, with liquid
salt and pepper to taste
2 C. Gluten Free Pasta
1 C. Kale or Escarole, chopped
2 Cans Cannellini Beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
1 Can Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
Grated Parmesan for serving, optional

In a skillet, melt margarine. Saute the onion, garlic, and celery until tender. Add in the Italian Seasoning. Stir to combine and remove from the heat. Dump the celery, onion, garlic, and seasoning mixture into the crock pot. Add in the carrots, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and crushed tomatoes into the crock pot. Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.

Thirty minutes before serving, stir in pasta, garbanzo beans, cannellini beans, and kale. Turn the heat up to high and cook until the pasta is tender. Serve hot topped with Parmesan cheese.
Dice the celery into small pieces.
Saute onion, celery and garlic.
Dice the carrots. Add them to the crock pot with the broth, tomatoes, celery, onion, garlic, and seasoning.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Wash the kale and cut the stems off. Dice or tear the leaves into small pieces. Add into the crock pot with the garbanzo beans, cannellini beans, and pasta.  Cook on high for approximately 30 min. more or until the pasta is tender. Serve hot topped with Parmesan cheese.






Enjoy the soup. I thought it was yummy!!!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment