Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What do you like on your pizza?


    What do you want on your tombstone? Ok I probably just dated myself with that commercial reference. For those of you young enough to not remember that commercial....it was for tombstone pizza. (which is of course not gluten free, but it IS what popped into my head when I was thinking about writing the blog tonight ha)


    I made pizza tonight. I had gotten some Udi's crusts and I was wanting to try them out. They were pretty good. They held up well with all of the toppings that I like to pile on my pie. They were crispy and convenient. I'm not sure how much they cost, these were sent to me. Cost is usually a huge deciding factor for me on how often I purchase a gluten free product.
    While making my pizza tonight I got to thinking about toppings. There are zillions of toppings and combinations that people like on their pizza. I'm probably classified as pretty plain Jane. I like hamburger, onions, green peppers, pepperoni, cheese and mushrooms (so basically supreme minus the nasty black olives). I also like Hawaiian (ham and pineapple). There is a place up in the city that does gluten free pizza. They use crimini mushrooms and caramelized onions....that's pretty amazing too! Taco pizza is good, but I'm still working on the right combinations to get it perfect for my taste. What do YOU like on your pizza?








No comments:

Post a Comment