Friday, January 6, 2012

Quesadillas: The perfect hiding spot for leftovers!

     I'm a fan of using up leftovers. However, sometimes I get tired of the original form that the food was so I re-invent it. I am a huge fan of quesadillas. I think that pretty much any leftover can go into a quesadilla and be made amazing again! I have even been known to make a meatloaf quesadilla before (and they are darn good).
    Last night I grilled out. I made some yummy steak and then used my grill pan and did shrimp, onions, and peppers. It all was so yummy!! However, I made WAY too much food. The great thing about that is that I now had shrimp and veggies for some shrimp quesadillas! YUM!

    Making quesadillas is NOT hard at all. You can vary the ingredients to suit your tastes and the ingredients you have in your kitchen. Here are the basics of what you will need:

Quesadillas

Corn tortillas
Cheese
your favorite leftovers or deli meat

Lightly spray a small non stick pan with cooking spray
Over medium heat: Add 1 corn tortilla and top with a small amount of cheese
Add your favorite leftovers
Top with a little more cheese and a 2nd tortilla
Lightly brown each side of the quesadilla. Cheese should be melted and insides should be warmed.


Cut in half or into 1/4's and serve warm.

Enjoy!

-Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment