Monday, November 21, 2011

Corndog Muffins

     I ran across this super fun recipe on Pinterest. I sort of filed it way in my head and thought "Oh sometime I need to try that." Today I was getting ready to make the cornbread that goes in my cornbread stuffing and I remembered this recipe. I figured I would give it a try since I was already going to be making copious amounts of cornbread.
      The original recipe called for a gluten filled boxed mix of cornbread and hot dogs. Obviously that wasn't going to work for gluten free. So I decided to use my cornbread recipe and jazz it up a little.

These little muffins are a cross between a corndog and pigs in a blanket. They are sort of a grown up version of the corndog, but I think that kids would still love them. They would be really fun made in a mini muffin tin with the hot dogs cut into smaller chunks. That would be a fun way to serve them for a party.

Corndog Muffins

1 Eggs

1/2 cup liquid (water, milk, juice) I usually use milk

2 T sugar

2 T oil

1/2 Cup GF Flour (I usually use rice flour, or Annalise Robert's mix)

1/2 Cup Corn Meal

2 tsp Baking Powder

1/2 tsp salt
 
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
 
Shredded Cheese
3 Hot Dogs (I use turkey dogs) cut in 1/2
 
Mix all of the ingredients well (except cheese and hot dogs). Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill cups 3/4 of the way with cornbread batter. Sprinkle a pinch of cheese ontop of the batter.  Press 1/2 of a hot dog down into the batter.  Bake at 425 deg. in a well greased muffin pan for 25 minutes. This recipe makes 6 muffins. Serve warm with your favorite condiments.
 
 Mix dry ingredients
Add wet ingredients and mix well.
Divide the batter evenly among the 6 muffin cups.
Top the batter with a pinch of cheese.
Press 1/2 of a hot dog down into the batter.
Bake for 25 min.


Enjoy!!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment