Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chicken Meatloaf with Cranberry Sauce


     I had ground chicken out for supper tonight, but was having a very hard time trying to decide what to make. So I did what every person would do, I googled ground chicken recipes. I came up with a cranberry meatloaf recipe. However, it had alot of junk in it that I didn't care for, and their original recipe called for beef, not chicken. Beef and cranberries?? YUCK! However it gave me inspiration, and I had cranberry sauce in my refrigerator that I just made yesterday. I knew that we wouldn't eat the entire bowl of cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving so I figured it would be ok to take a little out for this recipe. This is what I came up with.......

Chicken Meatloaf with Cranberry Sauce

1 can (16 oz.) whole cranberry sauce
1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 Cup Minute Rice
1/2 cup tortilla chips crunched (or other variety of chips like funyons, lays etc)
1 small onion, chopped
1/3 cup milk
1 Egg
½ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. parsley flakes

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In large bowl combine ground chicken, rice, chips, onion, milk, egg, pepper, and parsley, . In a loaf pan or a 8x8 pan sprayed with cooking spray, spread the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Spread 1/2 cup of cranberry sauce on top of loaf. Bake 20 to 30 minutes more.

In small saucepan heat remaining cranberry sauce over low heat until heated through. Serve with meatloaf.
Sorry guys forgot to take pics of me mixing it up. This is after it had been in the oven for the first 30 min.
Top the meatloaf with cranberry sauce and return to the oven for 20-30 min. more.


     This recipe would be a great way to use up that leftover cranberry sauce after the holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment