Tuesday, November 22, 2011

5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars....hold onto your hats!

     I am a HUGE peanut butter fan. So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I just knew I had to convert it to gluten free and give it a try. The original recipe contained 2 cups of gluten full bisquick mix. The blogger said that it was so hard to mix up that she had to use her hands?!?! That tells me that there was WAY too much dry ingredients in the recipe. So I did some adjusting and I think I came up with a great gluten free recipe that won't break your spoon when you try to mix it up!

5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars

3/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick Baking Mix (or other gluten free substitute)
1 Medium Size Bag of M & M's

 Preheat oven to 325 deg.  Spray an 8 x8 pan with cooking spray.
 Combine peanut butter, brown sugar and eggs until well mixed and smooth.
 Stir in baking mix until completely combined.
 Fold in M&Ms.
 Spread mixture in greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
I love a recipe that has so few ingredients!!

I confess, I dumped everything together and mixed it all at once, except the M & M's.
The dough is a "play dough" consistency. It is very thick.
Mix in your M&M's....my bag had a crazy amount of blue M & M's. I should have called these Smurf Bars. :)
Spread the dough into your well greased pan.
Cook for about 40 min. or until golden brown.

     So these turned out very yummy and it's probably dangerous to have the whole pan in my house. If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate you will love these. They are very rich and would be amazing with a big glass of cold cold milk. YUM!

-Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting- I have to try this! I'm new to gluten free and most of my breads/bars turn out too dense and 'undercooked'. This looks pretty foolproof though!

    ReplyDelete