Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kinnikinnick Product Review: Cookies and Doughnuts Mmm Mmm Mmm

     I recently received a care package from Kinnikinnick. It contained three awesome products to review. I had Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts, Pancake and Waffle Mix, and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
     I will have to being this review by saying that I am already a Kinnikinnick fan. I haven't tried ALL of their products, but everything I have tried I have liked. So I knew this little care package wouldn't be a disappointment.
     I have to confess. I immediately opened the chocolate chip cookies when the package arrived. I think that gluten free store bought cookies are a tough thing to like. Often times the cookies are so rock hard they about break your teeth. The other problem is, they have no flavor. HOWEVER, I think that Kinnikinnick does a great job with the chocolate chip cookie. They have very good flavor. The chocolate chips taste good. They are not rock hard. They are quite yummy. I would buy these again when I had a chocolate chip cookie craving.
Donuts......ahhhhhhhh I remember the doughnuts of my pre-gluten free days. I'm not sure if I am lucky or unlucky to have had all of those years of eating them ha. In all reality gluten free doughnuts and gluten full doughnuts are two different things. If you go into the game expecting them to be the same you will be sadly disappointed. I will say that gluten free doughnuts have improved greatly over the years though. I am so glad that companies like Kinnikinnick make them.
      I was already a fan of the Kinnikinnick doughnut before it arrived in my care package. However, the flavor that they sent was one that I don't often purchase. So I was excited to review it. My favorite flavor is their Maple Glazed. Mmmmmm Kinnikinnick sent me their Cinnamon and Sugar for a review.
      Kinnikinnick recommends that their doughnuts be kept in the freezer. So that's where my little gems have been waiting. I took one out....ok I took TWO out and placed them on a plate. I then microwaved them. The result was two steamy soft amazing smelling circles of goodness.
     I sat down with a cup of hot apple cider and my cinnamon and sugar doughnuts. They were amazing. They are a cake type doughnut. Lots of great flavor. The texture is wonderful. I loved them. I think that if I couldn't find my regular doughnut fix (their maple glazed) that I would pick up a box of the cinnamon and sugar.
     Kinnikinnick also makes other flavors of doughnuts. They have Vanilla Glazed, Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Dipped, Maple glazed and then Cinnamon Sugar. I would LOVE to try their pumpkin spice doughnuts. I have never seen them in the store, but they are found on their website. I guess I will have to go on a Kinnikinnick Pumpkin Spice Doughnut search!!
        I'm sad to report that I am a slacker and I have not made any pancakes or waffles yet with their pancake and waffle mix. I will have to get that done soon and report back with that review. I just haven't been in a pancake/waffle mood and I wanted to get the review up of the other two products. So stay tuned for a pancake/waffle mix review in the near future.
     If you guys haven't tried Kinnikinnick yet, you should. I have yet to find a product of theirs that I hated.

No comments:

Post a Comment