Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chili Cheese Dog Casserole - Gluten Free Style of Course!


     Do you ever have those nights where you have no idea what to make for supper? Well tonight was one of those nights for me!! I also have been trying to clean out the freezer a little so I decided to use up a few things that were taking up space.....leftover frozen chili, turkey hot dogs, and some Udi's bread that was starting to get ice crystals. Do you see where I am going with this one?? That's right...I made chili cheese dog casserole!!

Chili Cheese Dog Casserole -gluten free style

8-10 Hot Dogs, cut into chunks
8-10 Pieces of gluten free bread, torn into pieces
4 C. Chili
2 T. Mustard
2 C. Cheese

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Place the torn bread in the bottom of the dish. Top with the hot dog chunks. Top with 1/2 the cheese, then the chili. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven spread the mustard over the top and the remaining cheese. Bake for another 15 min. or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve hot.

I heated my chili first because it was frozen. If you didn't have frozen chili you could use canned (Hormel is gf, but of course read the label because as soon as I post this info is out of date ha! )

Tear the bread into pieces

Start layering: Bread, hot dogs......
1/2 of the cheese

Chili and then bake for 15 min.
Remove from the oven and top with mustard and more cheese....back into the oven for 15 min. or until heated through and cheese is melted.






For a night where I had no clue what to cook I think it turned out great. The bonus was there is even some more space in my freezer!! I hope you enjoy this recipe.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment