Friday, April 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Blondies


    I think that by now you know that I have a love of all things peanut butter and chocolate. That's why when I saw the recipe for these "brownies" as they called them I knew I was going to have to convert them to gluten free. (To me, they are a blondie because they don't have chocolate in the actual batter, so I'm calling mine blondies!) Sooooo I amped up the peanut butter and chocolate levels in these (the original recipe had nowhere near enough) and I happen to think the end result is yummy. I hope you agree!

Peanut Butter Cup Blondies

1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
6 T butter, melted
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour Mix
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
36 mini peanut butter cups (Reese’s are the best!) or 35 if you eat one, not that I did that
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg. Spray a 9x13 in. pan with cooking spray.

In a bowl, beat together sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and eggs until well blended. Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and xanthan gum.

Cut 12 peanut butter cups into quarters and gently stir into blondie batter along with the chocolate chips. Spread into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean

Remove from oven and immediately press remaining peanut butter cups into the top of the blondies in even rows. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.

Yummy chunks of pb cup

Look at those chunks of pb cup going into the batter...mmmmm

Sorry bad picture, I forgot to snap a pic of them BEFORE they went into the oven! oopsie!

Smoosh the whole PB cups into the warm blondies and let them cool (if you can)






These are so good. They need a tall glass of cold cold milk to go with them. Mmmmm

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment