Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mac N Cheese and the Christening of my Beautiful Vintage Pink Pyrex


    I asked for some suggestions on what recipe I should make to christen my new pink Pyrex. One reader suggested some Mac N Cheese. I thought that was a GREAT idea!! So tonight I whipped up a recipe that was passed from my Dad's Mother down to My Mom and then on to ME. I grew up on this Mac N Cheese. It is pretty amazing and was easily converted to gluten free when I was diagnosed.

Macaroni and Cheese - gluten free

2 C. Gluten Free Pasta
2 C. Milk
2 Eggs
1 1/2 C Velveeta
1/4 C. Margarine
1/2 tsp. Minced Onion
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Parsley Flakes

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and pour into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. In a small sauce pan whisk the eggs into the milk. Add margarine, cheese, pepper and minced onions. Heat over low heat until cheese and butter are melted. Add paprika and parsley to the liquid mixture. Stir and then pour into the baking dish with the pasta. Toss to coat and then bake uncovered for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven and allow the dish to set for 5-10 min. before serving. Serve hot.


Cook your favorite gf pasta according to the package directions
Place the pasta into your baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Whisk the milk and eggs together. Add the cheese, pepper, minced onion and butter. Heat on very low until cheese and butter are melted. Don't cook at too high of a heat or you will cook the eggs.

When the cheese and butter are melted add the parsley and paprika.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes
Yummmmmmm



Beautiful pink Pyrex and amazingly yummy Mac N Cheese. Two great things!!


I hope you enjoy my family recipe of Mac N Cheese. I happen to think it's amazing. Enjoy!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment