Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Grilled Pizza......summertime favorite


     So this isn't really going to be a "recipe". I guess you could call it more of a tutorial or a "how to". I absolutely LOVE to make pizza on the grill. I don't do anything too fancy with it, but I still love doing it. It really isn't too hard to do, you just have to really keep an eye on it so your crust doesn't end up charred. Because, charred crust it gross!! Ask me how I know?!?! ha
     The first time I tried grilling pizza I used a prepared pizza from a box. It turned out great and I was hooked on grilled pizza. If you just think of your grill as a big outdoor oven then you will be fine. Some grills have thermometers on the outside that will tell you what the internal temp of the grill is. You can also just purchase an oven thermometer and that will tell you how hot it is in there. The thermometer is probably pretty helpful for your first time trying to grill the pizza. You want to try to keep the grill at an even temperature that is as close to the same temperature as your oven would be if you were cooking indoors.
     I use a Chebe Pizza mix. It is my favorite for pizza, indoors or out! Then my favorite toppings and cheese. Just like normal. Like I said, the key is just keeping an eye on the pizza so it doesn't burn the crust.
I mixed the crust according to the package and rolled it out onto a greased cookie sheet. It went out onto the grill on the top shelf on a medium/high heat for 10 min.

I then topped the crust with all of the yummy toppings and cheese. I cooked it on a medium/low heat for another 10-15minutes. I checked it a couple of times to be sure nothing was burning. Your pizza may take more or less time depending on your grill and the type of crust and toppings you used.
Best tip for grilling pizza: keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!!

Yum!! Crispy grilled pizza.

Enjoy your pizza. This is one of my summertime favorites for the grill!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment