Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spaghetti squash are taking over!!


     Last season I had purchased a spaghetti squash at the farmers market. During the winter it got a soft spot on it and I had to toss it out. I thought I would just toss it out into my raised bed garden and then harvest the seeds out of it to plant. Well, nature beat me to it. Before I knew it I had little spaghetti squash plants popping up in my raised bed garden this year. They have been very fun to watch. They grow more and more each day and they are taking over the garden. 
March 27 I noticed I have squash appearing in my garden

April 3 They have doubled in size in five days!!

April 27 Wow!
May 11 They are creeping out of the bed. Had to move the herb garden planters.
May 11th the blooms are starting to appear.
May 16. Yesterday I counted over 30 blossoms, there are even more today.

The squash is taking over the yard!!. I keep having to move my herb "garden" planters.
May 24th. First Sign of a baby squash! YEAH!
June 8th.....creeping further up the lawn.
June 8th, Thank you Mr. Honey Bee for pollinating the squash!!
June 11th. More baby squash spotted.

June 12th. I don't know how this big guy snuck by me! He is about 5-6 in. long and growing!






I'll try to update this with pictures as they continue to grow. So, if you are a nerd like me you can check back and watch my little squash grow!!

-Farmer Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment