Friday, May 18, 2012

Lemon Berry Pancakes....easy peasy


     I know that this recipe is not a rocket science level of difficulty. However, it is quite yummy so I had to share. I bought a big package of blueberries and thought I would use them in some pancakes. I also had some strawberries in the fridge. SO, that's where the berry portion of this idea happened. I decided to whip up some pancake batter using Gluten Free Bisquick. However, I thought it would be amazing if the pancakes had a lemon flavor to compliment the berries....thus the lemon berry pancake was born.

Lemon Berry Pancakes

1 C. Gluten Free Bisquick Mix
1 C. Milk
1 Egg.
2 T. Oil
1/2 tsp. lemon extract

1 C. Fresh Blueberries
1 C. Sliced Strawberries
Syrup

Combine the ingredients together until no lumps remain. Heat a griddle/ skillet. Pour approximately 1/2 C. of the batter onto the griddle. Sprinkle blueberries onto the batter. Flip the pancake when golden brown. Cook the other side until golden. Remove from the heat and top with more blueberries, strawberries, and syrup.
I heart blueberries

Pour approximately 1/2 C of batter onto the hot griddle.

Top the batter with fresh blueberries and cook until golden.

Flip and cook the other side.
Top with berries


Add a little syrup

Enjoy! These are SO yummy.

I hope you enjoy these pancakes. I think the lemon flavoring gives them something a little different.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment