Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sweet and Sour Meatloaf Meatballs in the Slow Cooker


     I'm going through a food rut.....nothing sounds good. I hate putting effort into meals when nothing sounds good. So I decided that I would adapt a recipe that I love into a crock pot recipe. I didn't want to try anything new while my taste buds were so blah!! I knew that I already loved these flavors and I thought I just may love them more if there was less effort involved! ha

Sweet and Sour Meatloaf Meatballs in the Slow Cooker

1 lb Ground Turkey
1/2 c. Minute Rice
1/3 c. Milk
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 T. Parsley
1 Egg
1/2 C. Diced Onion

Sauce:
1 8oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
1/2 C.  and 2 T. Brown Sugar
2 T. Vinegar
2 tsp. Mustard

Combine the ingredients together to make the meatballs. Don't over mix.

Form the meatballs and place into a slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Continue until you have used all of the meat mixture.

Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce. Whisk until combined. Pour over the meatballs.

Cook on low heat in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours.

Combine all of the meatball ingredients.

Mix until combined, but don't over mix (you don't want to overwork the meat)
I have an ice cream scooper that is my meatball scoop. It is ONLY used for that. It makes making meatballs SO much easier and less messy!!
Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray and line the bottom with meatballs.

Mix the ingredients for the sauce.

Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.
Mine ended up staying on "warm" for several more hours until I got home to eat....they still looked and tasted good!



I hope you like this yummy crock pot recipe. Enjoy!!

-Jessica

2 comments:

  1. this may be a stupid question - do I cook the minute rice beforehand?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a stupid question at all. I don't cook mine. I just put it in and it comes out great every time. If you were using regular rice (not the quick cooking kind) I would cook it before hand.

    -Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete