Monday, October 24, 2011

Gluten free means being flexible.....even with Pizza


I would have given large sums of money tonight to be able to dial up a pizza place and order some delivery pizza. Sadly, the nearest place with gluten free pizza is over an hour away. I was tired, thus the point of wanting delivery pizza. So I improvised. I used corn tortillas in a big round pizza pan. I layed them out so that they covered the entire pan. Covered with my favorite sauce, ham, pineapple, and cheese. I baked it for about 20 min at 425deg. It turned out pretty great!!
   I have made mini pizzas with corn tortillas zillions of times before. However, I had never tried the big full size pizza. It worked great. I think that if you loaded it down with toppings it wouldn't work as great though.
    I think I may call this recipe "Lazy chick's gluten free pizza" haha !

-Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment