Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Healthy Soft Serve??? Shut the front door!!!!

    This was yet another find on Pinterest. A recipe for soft serve ice cream using only bananas and peanut butter!! I had to try it, mostly just because I didn't believe it would be very good.
      Well they showed me..........it was yummy!! It does have a banana flavor, so if you aren't a banana fan this may not be the recipe for you. I however do like bananas and LOVE peanut butter.
       So here is a link to the original recipe that I found via Pinterest Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve and now on to the recipe that I ended up making. We all know I can't just make a recipe as it's written. I HAVE to make changes ha I always think I can make things better with my tweaks. Which sometimes works out in my favor.....and well we won't talk about those other times :)
            I used my magic bullet to make the soft serve. I was just making one serving for me to try so I didn't need a huge amount.
     Early on in the day I diced two bananas and put them into the freezer. That pretty much concludes the prep work for this recipe. Easy huh?

           Peanut Butter Soft Serve
2 frozen diced bananas
1-2 T. Peanut Butter
Cold milk (to make desired consistency)
1T Hershey Syrup

Place the bananas, peanut butter, and 2-3 T. Milk into the magic bullet (or other food processor). Blend for 20-30 sec. Check the mixture to see if it is smooth and creamy (no banana chunks). If it needs more mixing then mix it some more. You can also at this time add in the Hershey Syrup. Mix until the consistency is creamy like soft serve. You may need to add more milk. Once creamy....enjoy!!!

This recipe is super healthy. Bananas are full of fiber and potassium. They are low in fat. I hope you all enjoy this yummy healthy easy recipe!!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment