Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Dump Cake and Happy Halloweenie to you!

Happy Halloweenie!!

Today is Halloween. I happen to love the holiday. I love seeing the kids all dressed up and excited. I love candy (who doesn't?). I love carving pumpkins (not so much on the scooping them out part). It is just a fun day.

I am having dinner at my house tonight. I suppose you could call it a "trick-or-treater watch party". My parents are coming in for dinner and my brother and his wife. We will eat fun food, watch the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday Night Football (crossing our fingers they don't blow it), and hand out gobs of candy to the cute kids.

The menu tonight is "Baked Potato Bar", Rotel Cheese Dip, Mexican bean dip, and pumpkin dump cake. Baked potato bar is awesome because each person gets their favorite toppings to put on their tater. I'm making some taco meat, the cheese dip, bacon bits, sour cream, cheese, salsa, etc.

The recipe I am going to share with you is the pumpkin dump cake. It is super easy. It is a recipe that I converted to be gluten free a couple of years ago. Ok so on with the show........

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Ingredients

  • 1 29-ounce can pure pumpkin

  • 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk

  • 3 eggs

  • 1 cup sugar

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon

  • 1 teaspoon pie spice

  • 1 box yellow cake mix (Gluten free of course)

  • 1 cup chopped pecans (optional, I leave them out usually)

  • 3/4 cup melted margarine

  • Into the oven........

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first six ingredients until well blended, and pour batter into a 9-by-13-inch greased pan. Sprinkle cake mix on top, and then cover with pecans. Pour melted margarine over top. Bake 50 minutes.
    Mmmmmm golden brown

    This is best served warm with whipped cream or some vanilla ice cream. Enjoy and have a safe and happy Halloween!

    -Jessica


                                                                       

    No comments:

    Post a Comment