So, it has suddenly turned cold here. I am NOT a fan of the cold!! I turn into a blanket wielding, robe wearing, fuzzy slippered goon! I also tend to sway towards comfort food in the cold weather. Comfort food is warm. Sooooo I have been pinning recipes that are warm on Pinterest. If you aren't on Pinterest yet, you totally should be!! There are tons of yummy recipes (and of course crafty things to make, clothes, jewelry, etc). I found a recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup, however it didn't sound quite right to me. So I did a search for Stuffed Pepper Soup and found another recipe, but it also didn't sound quite right to me. Soooo I took what I liked from both recipes, and then added in my own ingredients that I thought would make it MUCH better. Below you will find MY recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup...and I have to say it is AMAZING!!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb hamburger
- 46 oz. Tomato Juice (I used V8 to get more nutrients in)
- 28 oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Beef boullion granules
- 1/4 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 C Green Peppers-Diced/chopped
- 8 oz Long Grain Brown Rice (or white, but brown is healthier you know :) )
- 1/2 C Diced Onion
- 3 T Soy Sauce
- Brown hamburger and onion in a large soup pot. When no longer pink drain off any fat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until peppers are soft and rice is fully cooked (about 40-50min.)