Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

    
 So on Thursday, October 20, 2011 I decided to start this blog. That was just a little over two short months ago. Since that day the blog has been viewed almost 4,500 times. That blows my mind. You come from all parts of the world USA, Canada, Russia, Slovenia, South Korea, United Kingdom, Australia, France, Philippines, Germany just to name a few.
    I enjoy looking at the stats to see which recipes are a hit and which recipes are a flop. You all inspire me to try new things and to have fun in my kitchen. I don't know you personally, but just know that you are the reason that I write this blog. I want to give you great gluten free recipes so that you don't feel like you are "missing out".
     While this blog is relatively new USASillyYaks has been around since 2004 through our Yahoo Group. So many of you have been with me since the beginning. It is hard to believe that we have been truckin' for 8 years now.
     New Year Eve makes me nostalgic because it's also my gluten free anniversary. I had a doctors appointment on New Years Eve day of 2002. The appointment was to go over test results. The doctor handed me a little 1/2 sheet of paper saying "what is Celiac" at the top. From that day on I have been gluten free (with a few mistakes here and there). So today marks my 9th anniversary of being gluten free. Crazy how time flies!!
    I just want to thank each one of you for reading the blog, facebook page, and yahoo group. I hope that it helps you in some way and that you are able to enjoy some of my posts. Without each of you I wouldn't probably be doing this. I wish you a very Happy and Healthy 2012!!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment