Monday, December 5, 2011

Sometimes I like to be crafty......Crayon Art (nothing to do with gluten)


     Pinterest is my new LOVE. It is full of such fun and creative ideas, house decor inspiration, recipes, jewelery, collectibles, well pretty much everything!! I had seen several ideas for crayon art. I decided that I would have to give it a try sometime.
     Over the weekend I was able to pick up a canvas for a good price, so I thought now was a great time to give the crayon art a shot.
     The instructions were pretty simple. You choose your crayon colors, glue them to the canvas, use a hair dryer or embossing gun to melt the wax......taaa daaaa. Well my adventure went slightly wrong with the gluing on of the crayons. I was using hot glue and a crayon slipped out of my grasp and onto my fingers and burned the crud out of my poor ring finger and pinky finger. Why am I telling you this? Well because I probably won't be making many yummy fun things in the kitchen this week because my silly finger hurts. Especially since I was contemplating making decorated cookies....and I can't squeeze an icing bag very well with a bandaged up finger! So I apologize for my crafting injury.....hopefully I will be back up and cooking fun things soon.
     For now, I will show you my cool project that created my injury! ha

I started by painting my canvas a light sky blue.

I chose green crayons for my project. I used a hot glue gun to stick them to the bottom of the canvas.

Hot glue is VERY hot...do NOT get it on your skin, or your skin will look like mine. OUCH!
I covered the bottom of my canvas with the green crayons of different shades.
I don't own an embossing gun, so I just used a hair dryer on HOT to melt the wax.

Angle your canvas so that the wax will run down the canvas and create stems.


Attach flowers with hot glue and enjoy your new piece of artwork!!



I promise to be back in the kitchen blogging about my recipes in a few days. This silly burn just needs a little time to heal!!

-Jessica








No comments:

Post a Comment