Friday, August 24, 2012

Guilt Free, Gluten Free, Zucchini, Pasta Substitute

 
    I was sitting around trying to figure out what I was going to make for supper tonight. Ok, let me rephrase that......trying to decide on something semi-healthy for supper. When out of nowhere, it was like Dr. Oz heard my thoughts.....he had a person on his show talking about using zucchini for pasta.
     I absolutely LOVE spaghetti squash in place of pasta, so I had to try the zucchini. It is soooooo easy to do and it tasted very good. I can't wait to try it out with some meat sauce sometime soon.
     Ok, so here is what you need to do. Wash and dry your zucchini. Use your vegetable peeler to slice the zucchini into long thin strips. Saute the strips in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add your sauce and toss to coat. Ta-Da....you are done! Dinner is served in less than 10 minutes. 
For my pasta fake out, I used zucchini and yellow squash. Use your veggie peeler to cut the zucchini into long strips. Saute for 5 minutes and add your sauce.
Toss the "pasta" with the sauce and serve.
Ta-Da!!! You can feel a little better about that Alfredo sauce when you are putting it on top of veggie pasta.
 
Enjoy!
 
-Jessica
 
 
 
 

1 comment: