Sunday, August 12, 2012

Nutella and White Chocolate Chip Cookies


     Sometimes there are occasions in life that deserve to be celebrated. Today I had one of those surprise moments. I was cruising along on Facebook....and Udi's Gluten Free Foods had posted a link to a recipe. It sure looked good....Mozzarella Cheese Bites. Then I got to thinking...that picture sure looks familiar. Wow, that looks like the dishes that I have at my house. That's MY recipe that Udi's posted!!! Udi's had linked to my Mozzarella Cheese Bites Recipe. It soon became a fun afternoon of watching my blogger stats (I'm a bit of a stats nerd when looking at my posts). I watched that post get over 1,500 views in 20 minutes! It has been pinned like crazy on Pinterest. It has also brought lots of new Silly Yaks to the USASillyYaks facebook page. It has been about 2 hours since Udi's put my link up and about 3,500 people have viewed the recipe. I happen to think that is AWESOME. It blows my mind. So long story short.....I thought we should celebrate with some cookies. Get excited!
     A while back I had experimented with a Nutella cookie. It tasted amazing, but looked like a cow pattie. A very tasty cow pattie though. So I thought today I would give that recipe another shot. Well I adjusted a few things and have still ended up with the same result....cow pattie cookies ha. So these aren't a cookie that you would want to serve for the Queen. They are sort of ugly. However, they taste SO good that I had to share the recipe anyway. I hope you enjoy these ugly amazing cookies.

Nutella and White Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 C Nutella
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/3 C. Gluten Free Flour Mixture
1tsp Baking Soda
3/4 C White Chocolate Chips

Pre heat the oven to 350 deg. In a bowl combine the Nutella, brown sugar, egg, flour, and baking soda until well mixed. Add in the chips and stir until combined.

Drop the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 deg. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool and set up for 4 minutes on the baking sheet before removing them.

The cookies spread out and will not be "pretty" cookies. However, I believe their taste makes up for their looks. Enjoy!!

-Jessica


Mmmmm white chocolate
The dough will be pretty thick, but for some reason it thins out in the oven

Ugly, but so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment